Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:59 — 21.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher |
Theresa Roberts is the founder and restauranteur of the Jamaica Patty Company in Covent Garden, London.
Ingredients for today’s show include a pinch of food history with how the Jamaican Patty relates to the English Cornish Pasty. Foods that you need to try, and the challenges in opening a restaurant.
- An introduction to Theresa Roberts.
- Theresa shares the history of her love for the Jamaican Patty.
- We learn how a Jamaican patty relates to the English Cornish Pasty.
- What is Ackee?
- Why it is important to Theresa to be the face of her company.
- Is it important to keep ingredients traditional.
- We discuss staffing trouble.
- The trouble with finding food locally that is similar to abroad.
- The difficulty with finding foreign ingredients locally.
- Theresa shares her love for Juici Patties.
- Patties with or without coco bread?
- What food you need to try.
- Challenges in opening a restaurant in London,
- The trouble with landlords.
- Future plans for the Jamaican Patty co.
- We talk about fish.
- How the Jamaica Patty Co keep their pasty flaky
Black Food Tales