We catch up with Toju Neburagho, the cake architect, baker, and founder of the bespoke cake brand “love.every.bite”
Ingredients for today’s show include “having confidence in your baking”, a “cake taste test,” & “pairing Nigerian food with cake.”
- An introduction to Toju Neburagho and her brand, “Love every bite.”
- We discuss supermarket cakes and their sugar content.
- We talk about different types of icing.
- Do you measure when cooking?
- Having a little black book for recipes.
- Making Marble Cake.
- Having confidence in yourself & your baking.
- Taking inspiration from Nastassja Lusengo – The Indulgent Sugar Plum
- Taking inspiration from the “Big Cook Little Cook” show
- Selling cake at school
- Do you need to be an extrovert to grow your business?
- How Lisimba & Toju met at the UK Black Business Show.
- The power of sharing your story – word of mouth.
- How Toju got her first customer.
- Toju talks about her Nigerian Travels.
- We talk Nigerian dishes: Starch & Banga Soup
- The popularity of Shawarma in Nigeria
- Asun – Spicy goat meat
- Pairing Nigerian food with cake
- Pineapples on Pizza !!
- Does “Fan Ice” ice cream taste good?
- Guess the Food!
- Rapid Fire, Rapid Answer Questions
- We do a cake taste test!
- Instagram: love.every.bite.uk
Tweet #BlackFoodTales to discuss the show on Twitter.