Rui Daniel Jamie is the founder of Jerks’, an Afro-Caribbean franchise, scheduled to open later this year in London.
Ingredients for today’s show include how travelling can affect your culinary palette. Burgers, sandwiches and why Shake Shack is so successful. The limitations of African and Caribbean restaurants, when they are just a lifestyle business.
- An introduction to Rui Daniel Jamie.
- We find out what Rui is passionate about right now.
- Bacalhau com Natas “Cod with Cream.”
- We explore Rui’s background.
- How traveling can affect your culinary palette.
- Variety of food in London.
- Sandwiches and burgers.
- Malcolm Gladwell – tomato sauce.
- Why Shake Shack is successful.
- How Rui spotted an opportunity.
- We discuss Enish Restaurant & 805.
- Jollof & Uber Eats.
- Raising funding for your business.
- Having like-minded people around you.
- Problem with finding talented staff.
- Finding money to invest in your business.
- Why Caribbean and African restaurants don’t have the food you order.
- Future trends in London.
- Pumpkin Rice Jerk Grill.
- How Rui’s taste in food, changed over the years.
- We talk fufu.
- We discuss exotic meats.
- The challenges with Landlords in London and the issue with premiums.