Caz is a London based food enthusiast, entrepreneur and the brainchild behind “Cooking With Caz”, a platform to share recipes, host events, engage with the community and more.
Ingredients for today’s show include notable food from Zimbabwe, the “gango” food trend in Zimbabwe. Challenges of organising a brunch and catering.
- An introduction to “Cooking With Caz.”
- Caz talks about her specialties.
- Caz shares why cooking is an art form.
- We find out what happened when Caz tried to fry yogurt.
- Why milk is like “tip-ex” for cooking.
- Notable food from Zimbabwe.
- We talk “rodents” & “bushmeat.”
- Similarities & differences between African & Caribbean food.
- The “gango” food trend in Zimbabwe.
- Is African food becoming more popular?
- Is it good to water down food for the local palette?
- Why Caz moved from Bournemouth to London.
- Is a degree worthwhile?
- Cooking while in student halls.
- Where Caz found her passion for food – the competition that started it all.
- Why Caz plays so much attention to presentation.
- How Caz got her first client & tips for caterers.
- Pricing food for your clients.
- Quantity vs quality.
- Snapchat vs Instagram.
- Why events are important for people to try your food.
- Deciding what feedback to ignore and what to take on board.
- The “boozy African brunch.”
- Challenges of organising a brunch.
- Ensuring food quality when cooking with others.
- We talking more about the best way to work with people.
- Future plans – and food for thought on outsourcing.
- YouTube: Cooking With Caz
- Instagram: @cazrolinaa & @cookingwithcaz
- Snapchat: @cazrolinaa
- Regarding “Ray Kroc” – McDonald’s: Behind The Arches (affiliate link)
Tweet #BlackFoodTales to discuss the show on Twitter.